Why I Became a Massage Therapist
Many years ago I received a massage after having surgery, and it was the most powerful, healing experience I have ever had. During that session I realized massage is not only relaxing, but can also be very therapeutic & healing – for body, mind, and spirit. Shortly thereafter, I left my prior profession to pursue a career in the healing arts.
Whether you need a little relaxation and pampering, or are recovering from an injury, illness, or stress, why not give massage a try? I will tailor a massage to your specific needs. This may include techniques such as Swedish massage, myofascial release, craniosacral therapy, orthopedic and sports massage, shiatsu, reiki, or any number of other techniques I have studied.
I look forward to seeing you soon!
My Education Background:
- B.A. University of California, Irvine. 1993
- Certified Massage Therapist, Monterey Institute of Touch, 2008
- Over 900-hours of massage training, with focused studies in:
- Swedish massage
- Orthopedic massage
- Sports massage
- Trigger-point therapy
- Myofascial release
- Craniosacral therapy
- Nationally & California Certified Massage Therapist, 2010
My Recent Employment History:
- Private Therapeutic Massage Practice, 2008 – present
- Chiropractic Massage Therapist, 2009 – February 2013
- Teacher of Anatomy & Physiology and Beginning Shiatsu at Monterey Institute of Touch, 2009 – December 2013